Become a mentor!
Just an update to all who are interested. We hope you are all interested and will attend our first meeting
This Thursday March 4 at 5 – 7 pm
El Centro Del Pueblo
1157 Lemoyne St.,
Echo Park CA 90026
(That’s just off Sunset, just east of Alvarado)
The mentors and advisors of The Literacy Project will meet the administration of El Centro Del Pueblo.
(So far we have about 10 mentors and need 6 more.)
We will discuss
- -who we are
- -who the staff is
- -who the children we will work with are and
- -why they are being recommended for this one hour weekly mentoring program.
Other points of discussion will include
- What is the overall idea of mentoring:
- Personal communication leading to awareness of learning styles and skills needed to read and write, cooperative reading and writing leading to sustained reading
- Evaluating progress
- Creating an interview for mentors and students the next meeting
- The date of the weekly meetings and times
We’ll also go over the Volunteers Handbook!
Please keep a copy of these emails for your future reference and look at the blog at http://TheLiteracyProject–pilot.blogspot.com. Your comments are welcome.
And order from Amazon (prices start at $8.99) READING FOR UNDERSTANDING by Ruth Schoenbach.