• Keeping all records in a special location,
• The need to consult with your staff point person if any information is divulged to you by the participant which raises a red flag!
Program Requirements for Literacy Project Mentors
An El Centro document details confidentiality guidelines, child abuse reporting guidelines, etc. The following requirements should be the minimum ones to be secured for each mentor. The following requirements will need to be met for mentors providing tutoring/literacy resources for our minor clients.
• Fingerprint clearance for all mentors or other Literacy Project staff/volunteers facilitating literacy services for our children/clients
• Adherence to confidentiality requirements as detailed in El Centro del Pueblo’s contracts with DCFS and DMH
• Securing of all records regarding indirect services (mentorship/tutoring) in a location that is available to Mental Health and AB1733 program staff and our corresponding County auditors/monitors
• Consultation with mental health and AB1733 program staff (immediate) if a child discloses any information that indicates there is suspicion of child abuse or neglect